Thursday, October 8, 2009

October Already!

My sister reminded me today that my last blog post was from July, so i guess it's time to do a quick update on my life!!

I moved back to McAllen, TX in August. I ended up back in Arizona less than a week later to attend my dear grandfather's funeral. He passed away rather unexpectedly, but i'm so glad i was able to attend his funeral, and celebrate his great life and the wonderful family that i am a part of.
Thanks to the help of MANY other people, and the Lord keeping an eye out for me too, i finally got my housing and job situation straightened out. I got a GREAT job working in an elementary school library. i LOVE books, and i'm getting great exposure to the different grade levels. I'm taking a college algebra class at the community college working towards my teacher certification- i should be able to start teaching next fall.
The apartment i'm staying in is furnished and free thanks to the great generosity of some ward members. Marcy and i are attending the same ward- i got a calling teaching the 16-17 year old sunday school class, and marcy is in charge of locking up the building on wednesday nights after mutual. Marcy and i are both Really busy, but we enjoy the time that we DO get to spend with eachother.

And- in case you haven't heard, Marcy and i are Getting MARRIED!! Marcy proposed after i'd only been here for a couple weeks. He wanted it to be a surprise, and he knew that if we went anywhere special, that i would be expecting it. So instead, he proposed while i was sitting on the sofa eating a fudgesicle and watching TV on a saturday :) Definitely Caught me off-guard!!
The ring is beautiful and Exactly what i wanted- actually, even prettier than i imagined!! i wish i could fingure out how to take a better picture of it! (i think it's just my hand i don't like)



The date is set for December 19th here in McAllen, TX. The plans are coming together really nicely. But it is DEFINITELY keeping us BUSY!!
The pics below are from us taking time out for FHE this last monday. We decided to make a paper chain counting down to the wedding. We'd been talking about it for a while and finally got around to it! Monday was 75 days. Today- it's 72. It makes me nervous just thinking about all the things we still have to do!!



I just want everyone to know that I am So happy!! Things in my life are busy and a lot of work, but i feel SO BLESSED every day as i think about how things have worked in my life for the last few years. The Lord is SO much more aware of us and involved in our lives than we have any idea of. If we can just learn to trust him, take leaps of faith when we don't know what the outcome will be... the outcome will always be what is Best for us!!



9 comments:

  1. Wow Kerri you are so awesome!!! I'm so incredibly happy for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerri! Your ring is gorgeous! I am so happy that you are so happy! I was almost in tears reading your blog because I am so happy for you! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FINALLY AN UPDATE!!! The end of your blog post is SO what I needed to hear right now as I sit here awaiting the bar exam results and feeling SO FREAKING NERVOUS IT'S RIDICULOUS!!! I'm so happy that everything is working out so well for you!! I can't WAIT to go to TEXAS and see you get MARRIED!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!!! I am so happy for you!! LOVE your ring (and I feel the same way about my hands)! And who would have thought a few years ago you'd fall in love in McAllen Texas and get married there!

    "I wasn't born a Texan but I got there as fast as I could!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok i seriously just cried! that is the cutest proposal ever, and though i haven't seen you in like 4 years, i can totally imagine your reaction and i'm sure it was priceless!!

    also, i always joke that i'm going to make a paper chain for special events (i ALWAYS made them for christmas, etc when i was little) so i'm SO happy you did it. you're awesome Kerri, i seriously wish you ALL the happiness, marriage is the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OF COURSE I will NOT forget your birthday...have we yet?!!!! Umm, did you read the whole Ensign article about McAllen and the missionary work, do you knwo any of those folk they are talking about? I wish we could live CLOSER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a beautiful ring! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kerri! Found your blog off FB - didn't know you were a blogger! I might just stalk you now. CONGRATS on the engagement! That dude is one lucky guy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember when you told me you were in AZ and the man you loved was in TX. I said, "WHAT THE HECK?" and you responded, "What? LOL" . I said,"You should be WITH him!" I'm so glad you are! Much happiness to you both!!!

    ReplyDelete