Saturday, May 2, 2009

Feeling Crafty

Things at work have slowed down a lot with spring sports and i've found myself with a little more time on my hands. In an effort to keep myself entertained, i started working on some kinds of crafty things. This is an apron i made for my boyfriend's mom. i've been wanting to make one for her for a long time- but never got around to it. i borrowed the pattern from my sister and she helped me pick the fabric too- it turned out SUPER cute! I was down there this last weekend and gave it to her for mother's day! she loved it!!

I was so excited about it that i decided to make a 2nd one. This one i gave to one of my coworkers for her birthday- she was pretty excited. you can't really tell in the pic- but i used red thread to sew it and it really stood out- just a little more fun :)

I made these 2 picture frames for my mom for mother's day. i bought really basic wood frames at michael's and then used scrapbook paper and spray adhesive. i sanded the edges and used some chalk ink to make it look older. i was pretty impressed with myself how they turned out.

And then there's this random picture on my camera. Sometimes on my lunch break, i grab lunch and head over to Kiwanis Park close to work. i keep a blanket in the back seat of my car- so i sit out and eat. and these ducks get fed WAY too often- they're not afraid of people at all- they just wandered Right up to me. so instead of feeding them, i took their picture. However- i won't be doing this again for a LONG time- it is SO HOT here now!!







2 comments:

  1. I made a practically identical picture frame for my mom for Mother's Day. Random. Cute stuff!

    ReplyDelete